The Division of Administration and Finance at the University of Rhode Island is responsible for all matters related to the administration, business, finance, public safety, capital development and operations of the University. Departments include:
- Budget and Financial Planning provides planning and management of financial resources, forecasts revenues and expenditures, and optimizes financial resource allocation and utilization.
- Business Services encompasses an array of offices that provide a broad spectrum of critical services to all campuses: Campus Planning and Design, Capital Projects, Facilities Services, Purchasing, Property and Support Services, Risk Management, Public Safety.
- Controller’s Office serves the University community in General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Travel, Purchase Card Program, Accounts Receivable, Financial Reporting, PeopleSoft Financial Systems, Grants & Contracts, Payroll and Student Loans.
- Human Resource Administration provides services regarding employment and recruitment, benefits, compensation, labor relations and contract negotiations, and all other human resource-related issues
- Compliance Office performs specific duties related to compliance. Compliance Office also provides a confidential reporting mechanism that allows URI community members to raise concerns about business practices, compliance issues, or unethical conduct.
- Public Safety is always ready to respond to calls for service, and takes proactive steps to keep individuals and property safe. Public Safety works closely with all University departments to help provide the very best living and learning environment possible.
- W. Alton Jones Campus is home to the Environmental Education Center for school age children, summer and seasonal camp programs, school trip programs and the Whispering Pines Conference Center, a retreat setting for team building, meetings, conferences, weddings and other special events.
- Ryan Center is a 7700 seat convocation center that hosts family and student entertainment, including concerts, business expos, community events, commencements and full array of athletic events.
- The Bradford R. Boss Arena is home to the nationally ranked URI Men’s and Women’s Club Ice Hockey teams and hosts daily public skate sessions, youth and adult hockey leagues, camps, and a Learn to Skate program.