Michael Scott

• UCAS/Academic Advisor/Learning Specialist
  • Athletics: Men's and Women's Track and Cross Country | Men's and Women's Soccer | Golf | Tennis

• Phone: 401.874.7556
  • Email: miscott@uri.edu

Biography

I have served as an Academic Advisor/Learning Specialist since I arrived at Rhode Island in January 1998, and currently work with the Golf, Rowing, Women’s Soccer, Tennis, and Women’s Track & Field/Cross Country teams.  I earned my B.S. in sociotechnical systems/psychology from Harvey Mudd College (Claremont, Calif.) in 1989 and received my M.S. in psychology (cognitive) with a minor in sport psychology from the University of Washington in 1993.  Prior to my arrival at Rhode Island, I was the Tutorial Coordinator for the University of Washington’s Student Athlete Academic Services unit where I managed the school’s tutoring program.  Outside of work, I volunteer my time with USA Track & Field serving as the national chair for USATF’s Long Distance Running Division, coordinating among the six committees that comprise the Division, overseeing national championships and staff selection for National Teams. I’m also a Sports Photographer who covers all the URI sports as well as national and international Track & Field/Long Distance Running.