All members of the community are urged to pay close attention to weather reports, guidance from the university and state officials, and to take appropriate precautions during the stormy weather.
- If extended power outages cause chilly conditions in residence halls, warming centers will be established on campus and the affected students will be notified of where to go by Residential Life staff.
- If any member of the community becomes stranded on the Kingston Campus during a storm and needs assistance, contact Campus Police at 874-2121.
- As with any storm, be prepared. Make sure you have the essentials – food, water, blankets, flashlights etc. Also, charge cell phones and computers.
- Be prepared to stay indoors during periods of heavy snow, ice and high winds and monitor local weather for updated forecasts.
- Given high winds and heavy snow, falling or downed branches and power lines are a particular concern. Never approach or touch a downed power line under any circumstance, but report it immediately to Public Safety.
- Grounds and custodial staff will clear pedestrian paths, stairs, and parking areas as soon as conditions allow. Depending on the total amount of accumulation, snow removal may take some time. Members of the community are encouraged to remain patient and exercise caution on paths which may be covered with snow and ice.
For Off-Campus Residents
Remember: Do NOT call 911 to report a power outage — call 211 or 1-800-465-1212 or visit https://www1.nationalgridus.com/PowerOutageMap
See a list of communities that offer shelters and warming centers during extreme weather.