NEW DAY PROGRAM* 9 am to 4 pm $255
FEBRUARY 16-20, 2015
February School Vacation Camp
Are you ready for a winter adventure? February School Vacation Camp is all about fun, friendship, outdoor adventure, and learning about the environment. With 2,300 acres of forests, ponds, and farmland, the W. Alton Jones Campus offers a big backyard that’s perfect for adventure, exploration, learning, and fun! We have a 75-acre lake, extensive hiking trails, and lots of streams and ponds. Our ability to blend education with camp fun makes learning seem like a vacation. Our fun-filled, activities-based programs are designed with the camper in mind.
In the middle of a busy day outdoors, our dining hall is the ideal place to gather for a warm, home-cooked meal. Lunch is family style, kid-friendly, and nutritionally balanced. Hunger is rarely an issue at Alton Jones.
What will you do during Winter Camp?
- Walk beneath the stars as the winter constellations come to life.
- Investigate, skate, and play games on one of our icy ponds.
- Nestle up to a cozy fire to enjoy s’mores and share good times.
- Tap trees for maple syrup and taste the finished product.
- Explore the forest on snowshoes and follow wildlife tracks.
- Ride a sled down one of our hilly fields.
Other activities include Winter Games, Maple Sugar Taste Test, Snowball Target Practice, Backward Lunch, Winter Arts and Crafts, Broom Ball On Ice, Snow Sculpture Contest, and of course, Winter Ecology!
At Alton Jones there is no shortage of great activities no matter what the weather brings. Ice-skating, snowshoeing, sledding, and other activities requiring snow and ice are weather dependent.
Enrollment is limited
*Extended hours available 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
Email: Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org