Welcome to the Assistant Vice President for Business Services Website
The Business Services unit within the Administration and Finance Division encompasses a dynamic array of Departments that work as a team to deliver a spectrum of critical services to the University enterprise on all Campuses.
- Our Campus Planning and Design Department is responsible for the building, landscape, and space planning and the design of new buildings and major improvements.
- Our Capital Projects Department manages the oversight and delivery of capital projects from construction bidding through construction delivery and commissioning.
- Our Facilities Services Department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the University’s buildings, landscape and grounds, and utility infrastructure on the Kingston Campus, while lending support as required at the Narragansett Bay, W. Alton Jones, and Providence Campuses.
- Our Purchasing Department supports the procurement of goods and services for all University Campuses in accordance with the State procurement statute and associated rules and regulations, exercising a considerable level of delegated authority granted to the University in support of its mission.
- Our Property and Support Services Department is responsible for the disposition of and inventory records for the University’s moveable property, delivery of goods and moving services, as well as the University’s postal and printing services operations.
- Our Public Safety Department encompasses University Police and Security and Parking Services, with principal focus on the protection of life, property, and law enforcement on the Kingston Campus and support to the Narragansett Bay, W. Alton Jones, and Providence Campuses.
- Our Risk Management Office is responsible for administering the University’s risk management programs; develops and recommends policies and procedures which protect the institution and University community from fortuitous loss; provides for timely and comprehensive inquiries, and determines actions to reduce or eliminate loss; manages the University’s insurance programs, and provides support to in-house litigation matters.
In addition to these areas of responsibility, the Office of the Assistant Vice President has principal responsibility for capital construction financing, real estate management and property and business-related contracts, liaison with Federal, State, and Municipal agencies, and many business and operational approval processes through the Board of Education and the State Executive and Legislative Branches.
We are here to support and serve the University of Rhode Island enterprise in many capacities. We are focused on forward thinking, we are engaged in ongoing planning and execution, and we stand ready to address problems and concerns that require attention to better serve the University’s mission and strategic objectives.