DINING SERVICES ESTABLISHMENTS
If you have a residential meal plan or commuter meal plan you can use your ID card to get into our two Dining Facilities; Mainfare and Butterfield along with other dining affiliated establishments.
URI DINING APP
Can be used to check your balance and add funds onto on your Ram Account
Why Carry Cash?
The RAM ACCOUNT provides a cash-free method for making purchases. It is accepted at all on-campus retail operations and with participating businesses off-campus. All you need is your student I.D. !
- Library Number – This is the bar code that is under the picture on your ID. This is your library card number and will need to be activated at the library circulation desk before the first use.
PRINTING AND COPYING
- Your ID card works as a way of validation for the printing system on campus
- You also have to use your ID card and Ram Account to pay for copies and printed documents.
- Bookstore uses your ID card for validation when purchasing and returning books.
- You can pay for books using your Ram Account.
Housing & Other
ON CAMPUS RESIDENTS
- Dorm and room access
- Laundry machines
- Vending in dorms
- Library Barcode – Printing and copying on campus computers and devices
- Gym access – During academic year.
- Parking and gate access – you will need to swipe your ID card to gain access to most faculty/staff parking lots. If you have trouble, please contact parking services at (401) 874-9281
- Classroom/Office Access is used by swiping your ID card. If you need access call (401) 874-4577
- Ram Admin Card – The Administrative Ram Card (ARC) emulates the student program. Once funds are deposited into an account, the Administrative Ram Card can be used for multiple transactions.
REPLACING THE ID CARD
- Replacement can be made at the Housing, Dining, & ID Office and there is a $20 fee.
- If the card is worn out or expired bring the old card to the Housing, Dining, & ID Office and we will replace it for free.
- If you have not had an ID card made before, your first card is also free.