Fit 4 You: Train for your 1st 5K
How are your New Year’s resolutions working out? Awaken your motivation!
Join us for five 30-minute workshops providing you the tools to put YOU in charge of your own path to well-being. Learn from experts to help guide you through behavior change in a support group setting.
Free for URI Students & FitWell/Platinum Members
MARCH 19th & 20th: KICK-OFF!! Stop by for more information at the Wellness Resource Center (WRC) anytime from 6-7:30pm. Win a prize! Grab a free smoothie on 3/20 (See Thirsty Thursdays).
Tuesdays or Wednesdays @ 7:00 p.m. in the Fascitelli Seminar Room
MARCH 25th & 26th: Battle Behavior, Identify the behavior you would like to change and why. Weigh the pros and cons to see if the behavior change would benefit you. A little self-reflection is sure to help guide your goals and direction.
APRIL 1st & 2nd: Assert Action, Now that you have identified the behavior(s) you would like to change, we will help you make a plan and commit to it. Methods of tracking progress and other avenues of support will be presented.
APRIL 8th & 9th: Barrier Breakdown, Address the environmental factors that may be inhibiting your healthy lifestyle. Develop strategies to increase positive influences and cut out those that may be in the way of your goals.
APRIL 15th & 16th: Cognitive Connection, Move your body and learn about cognitive principles that will further guide behavior change.
APRIL 22nd & 23rd: Manage Maintenance, Evaluate your progress and learn how to maintain your new, healthier lifestyle. Establish continued support with peers and program and leaders.
MONDAY NIGHT NUTRITION WITH MALORIE
Stop by the Fascitelli Seminar Room, 7:00 p.m. for a 30 minute interactive workshop to provide you with steps towards a healthier lifestyle. A free smoothie and information to support your wellness journey.
Free for URI Students & FitWell/Platinum Members
MARCH 24th: S.M.A.R.T. Fitness Goals to Keep the Weight Off, S.M.A.R.T. stands for Smart, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, & Timely. Learn common mistakes that are made by individuals who want to lose weight or become fit. Improve your approach to fitness goals.
MARCH 31st: Exercise: Behind the Scenes in Your Body, Learn various benefits of exercise beyond fitness gains.
APRIL 7th: Ditch the DIEt, Eat for LIFE, Learn why lifestyle changes are more successful than a diet and how to covert dieting habits into permanent life style changes.
APRIL 14th: Eating your Way into your Sleeping Habits, Learn how diet affects sleep, about the importance of sleep, helpful tips to improve sleep, and to how get the suggested 8 hours.
Stop by the Fascitelli Wellness Resource Center, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. for a free smoothie and information to support your wellness journey.
- JANUARY 23rd: Fit for Life
- FEBRUARY 6th: Nutrition 101
- FEBRUARY 20th: Free Derma Scan to Assess your Skin Damage
- MARCH 6th: The Body Project
- MARCH 20th: Dining Hall Dilemmas
- MARCH 27th: Sleeping Tips
- APRIL 3rd: Ditch the DIEt, Eat for LIFE
- APRIL 10th: Stress in College
- APRIL 17th: Free DermaScan to Assess your Skin Damage
- APRIL 24th: Supplements & Engergy Drinks
MORE WITH FITNESS & WELLNESS
- MARCH 17th – APRIL 27th: Spin Across America, this 6 week program will get you moving toward your goals. Prizes for winning team! Located in Fascitelli Spin Studio.
- MARCH 26th & APRIL 30th: Fitness Challenges, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Both Mackal & Fascitelli Fitness floor.
- APRIL 2nd: 2014 is the Year4You 5K Walk/Run, 12:15 p.m. Now you have done the training, lets put all that work to the test. Come join us at the Mackal Field House.
Bring a friend and water – No registration necessary. Will start promptly so arrive early and try out the newly certified 5K route on campus. Rain date: Thursday, April 3rd.
- APRIL 8th: HeartHealthyGlow, 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. Come join us for SpinGlow, DiscoBodyPump and Candlelit Yoga at Fascitelli to help promote a healthy heart. Choose a class and donate $5.00 to participate. All proceeds will be donated to the American Heart Association.
- APRIL 23rd & 30th: Breathe your Way to Bliss, 8:00 – 8:45 p.m. at the Fascitelli Mind/Body Studio. Free gentle yoga to teach you breathing and meditation techniques to ease mind and body.
- MAY 1st – 9th: Stress Free Week: Revised group exercise schedule for your study break.
DEEPEN YOUR PRACTICE
FREE classes for participants interested in some self-exploration. Whether you are a novice or experienced, you will learn ways to take your practice off your mat and lead a healthier lifestyle. Join Courtney and various guest instructors at the Fascitelli Mind/Body Studio, Thursdays, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- JANUARY 23rd: Yoga off the Mat, Learn the history and philosophy of yoga to help you delve beyond your physical practice.
- JANUARY 30th: Clean Body, Clean Mind, Clean up your eating and you will reap many benefits physically and mentally!
- FEBRUARY 6th: Reiki & the Power of Positive Thinking, Learn about Reiki and the Law of Attraction. You are what you think!
- FEBRUARY 13th: Living with Compassion, Explore the difference between love as an object vs. love as a verb.
- FEBRUARY 20th: Feeding the Chakras, Now that you have learned yoga postures to balance your chakras, in Chakra Yoga, you can learn how what you eat can help!
- FEBRUARY 27th: Earth – Art = Eh, Add creativity to your yoga practice and your life.
- MARCH 6th: Pranayama, Learn breathing techniques to alleviate energy imbalances.
WEDNESDAY WELLNESS CLINICS
Join Health Service’s Health Educators every other Wednesday to learn about a variety of topics.
- JANUARY 29th: When Exercise is Unhealthy - 3:00 – 5:00 p.m., Fascitelli Welcome Lounge.
- FEBRUARY 12th: Safe Socializing - 3:00 – 5:00 p.m., Fascitelli Welcome Lounge.
- FEBRUARY 26th: Body Image - 3:00 – 5:00 p.m., Fascitelli Welcome Lounge.
Upon request a workshop can be designed to meet your group’s interest in health, fitness or wellness. Topic may include: how to eat healthy, how to start an exercise program, how to fit exercise into your busy life, the seven dimensions of wellness, how do I know I’m at risk and much more. Please contact Leticia Orozco at email@example.com for more information on how to schedule, develop and offer a program for your group.
Various special events, including competitions, themed classes, incentive programs and fitness challenges are delivered at different times of the year to keep students and members engaged and motivated. Specialty/Custum classes and programs are available upon request. Please contact Leticia Orozco at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to schedule, develop and offer a program for your group.