Recreational equipment is available to borrow for one day only on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Equipment is available for check-out provided that:
- Patrons who check-out equipment must show their valid member I.D. pass. Once information is entered into the computer, the patron can then borrow the equipment. Driver licenses are not accepted.
- Patrons are responsible for the equipment they checked-out. An individual who fails to return the equipment they checked-out for any reason, or who returns damaged equipment, must pay to replace the lost or damaged equipment.
- To transfer checked-out equipment to another patron, both parties must report to the Rec Service Center in Mackal to record the transfer and exchange information to the appropriate account.
Equipment available to checked out with valid Membership I.D.:
- Badminton Nets
- Basketballs (men’s & women’s)
- Beach Volleyballs
- Softball Bats
- Soccer Balls (indoor & outdoor)
- Combination Lock *
- Stretchout Straps
- Volleyball Nets (indoor & outdoor)
- Weightlifting belts
- Jump Ropes
Campus Recreation provides (permanent, assigned and daily) lockers and locks for URI students, Rec, Platinum Members and TAC Pool Members at the Mackal/Tootell Complex. Only day use lockers will be available at the Fascitelli Center. Lock and lockers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Locks are available for .25¢ rental per item per day. If lost or stolen, a replacement charge of $10.00 for locks will be assessed to the user.
NOTE: Locker and lock services are not available to daily guest, day or swim pool pass holders.
MEN’S TOOTELL LOCKER ROOM:
There are a limited number of full-length lockers with built-in combination locks that are available to rent in the Tootell Men’s Locker Room.
WOMEN’S TOOTELL LOCKER ROOM:
Limited lockers located in the Tootell Women’s locker room that are available to rent. Patrons must supply their own lock and can leave contents in their assigned locker overnight.
To rent a locker, you must see the Rec Service Center attendant to select a locker and process payment for rental. Locker cleanouts will still be scheduled by Campus Recreation and it is the patrons responsibility to make sure their locker is current during our scheduled cleanout periods. All lockers not renewed will be cleaned out and the patron must pay a $10.00 fee to collect their belongings. Belongings will be held for seven (7) days after which they will be discarded or donated to a charitable organization.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the patron to keep Campus Recreation your most updated contact information so we are able to notify you in advance of scheduled locker clean dates.
Please Note: There is a $20.00 fee for all returned checks.
Membership Discounts / Benefits
As a benefit of memberships, URI Students; members and/or TAC Pool members receive discounted rates on many program offerings such as: mind/body specialty classes, personal training, learn to swim lessons; certification classes (first-aid, CPR, AED instructional classes); locker service and special events. Members will also receive priority registration for aquatic programs (on-line and in-person). Find out more by calling the Rec Service Main office at 874-2029.
At the Fascitelli Fitness & Wellness Center, you may gain request access to the gender neutral shower room by submitted the above form. Once submitted, you will be notified when your I.D. has been activated.