Student Learning Outcomes
The University of Rhode Island expects that every academic program, as a consequence of the interaction between general education and a major, will lead the student to:
• think critically in order to solve problems and question the nature and sources of authority;
• use the methods and materials characteristic of each of the knowledge areas while understanding their interconnectedness;
• commit to intellectual curiosity and lifelong learning;
• maintain an openness to new ideas while utilizing the social skills necessary for both teamwork and leadership; and
• think independently, be self-directed, and take initiative based on informed choices.