This group studies the biology, physiology, ecology, and evolution of marine bacteria, plankton, seaweeds and algae, invertebrates, and fishes.
Current projects include:
- Sensory biology of coral reef and deep-sea fishes
- Bioenergetics modelling of co-cultured kelp and oysters
- Distribution and abundance of coral reef fish using environmental DNA techniques
- Acclimatization and adaptation of reef building corals to climate change
- Population genetics of reef organisms
- Understanding adaptation to multiple anthropogenic stressors in marine larvae