Residential Rain Garden Training Program
The RI Residential Rain Garden Training Program provides professionals, volunteers, municipal officials and government agency staff introductory information on residential-scale rain garden implementation to reduce stormwater runoff. The training includes a classroom session and hands-on field experience building a rain garden. It introduces professionals to rain garden siting and design and helps prepare them to offer rain garden installation and maintenance services to clients and/or implement and maintain rain gardens in public spaces.
Benefits of Attending
- Keep rain gardens properly maintained for optimum stormwater function and landscape beauty.
- Recognize rain garden maintenance requirements and trouble shoot potential problems.
- Gain practical experience in rain garden siting, design and hands-on installation.
Landscape architects, municipal officials & design professionals:
- Connect rain garden design drawings to actual installation, from siting and sizing through final planting and maintenance specifications.
- Comply with current design standards and permitting requirements.
Volunteers and homeowners:
- Plan a rain garden for your home or community, either on your own or with help from green industry professionals.
Certificate of Completion
Attendees who a.) attend the training and b.) complete a short take-home examination will receive a Certificate of Completion from the URI Cooperative Extension, certifying attendance at the full program and demonstrating understanding of basic principles of rain garden siting, design, installation and maintenance.
Rain Garden Resources / FAQs
For more information about stormwater management, rain gardens, etc, go to www.ristormwatersolutions.org