URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

Admission Application for High School Student

• MM/DD/YYYY
    Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents may appl.y
  • Combined Critical Reading and Math
  • Please list any leadership positions you have held and awards you have received.
  • Accepted file types: doc, docx, pdf.
    Please submit a statement of purpose in English that describes a past experience that demonstrates your long-term commitment to achieving a major life goal. How would you apply the skills learned from this experience to achieve success in the Flagship Program? This statement should be between 500 and 750 words typed, single-spaced, and in 12 point font.
  • Please submit a current resume.
    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. The law permits you to sign this waiver relinquishing your right to inspect the letters of recommendation. Please record your decision about whether you waive the right to review these recommendations for the Chinese Flagship Program.
    The application qualifies me for consideration in the University of Rhode Island Chinese Language Flagship program. If I am accepted and choose to enroll, I understand that I am required to complete intensive Flagship coursework during each summer and winter at URI/in China, during each academic year at URI, and that the program directors must approve my course choices. The Capstone Year as a URI Flagship Scholar includes one semester of study at Nanjing University or Tianjin Normal University Chinese Flagship Center followed by a four to six month internship in China. The pre-Capstone year requires completion of a research project in collaboration with a Chinese faculty member in any major field of study. These requirements are subject to negotiation with the program directors; any variation in these requirements must be approved by the directors before my application status is determined. By signing below, I acknowledge my commitment to the URI Chinese Language Flagship Program, if admitted, and agree to abide by these terms.

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top