Thank you for contributing to the Chinese Flagship Program!
We have giving opportunities in three endowment areas, as well as a number of operating funds.
|Naming of the Chinese Flagship Program
Provide funds to sustain and enhance the Chinese Flagship Program.
|Naming of the Chinese Flagship Program Directorship
Provide funds to support the Director’s efforts in teaching, research, and service related to the Chinese Flagship Program.
|Naming of a Chinese Flagship Program Scholarship
Provide funds to support one student per year in an 8-week immersion program in China or Taiwan.
|Support Flagship Student for the Capstone Year in China
The full-year overseas experience in China, including a semester of direct enrollment at Nanjing University or Tianjin Normal University and a 4- to 6-month professional internship related to the student’s career goals.
|Support Flagship Student for Summer Overseas Chinese Immersion
An 8-week Chinese-only immersion program in China or Taiwan, typically the summer after sophomore year.
|Support Flagship Student for a Summer Domestic Chinese Immersion
An 8-week Chinese-only immersion program at URI, typically the summer after freshman year.
|Support the Cost of Flagship Student’s Roundtrip Flight to China
Travel to China is an essential part of the journey to Superior-level proficiency in Chinese.
|Support the Cost of Flagship Student’s Textbooks for One Year||$1,000|
|Support Flagship Student Ambassador for One Semester
Funds to support travel and time devoted to recruitment of prospective students. Our students are our best advocates!
These are the steps to follow:
- On the URI Foundation donation web page, scroll down to “Online Giving Opportunities.”
- Check the box “I would like to make a gift to an allocation not already listed.”
- To contribute to the Chinese Flagship Program generally, enter “GT05 Chinese Flagship Program Fund” into the “Fund name” box.
- Enter your gift amount in the box to the right.
- Below, enter your “Donor Information” and “Secure Payment Information” and then click “Next.”
- Confirm your donation before submitting.
For more information about supporting the Chinese Flagship Program, contact:
Associate Dean for Development
College of Arts and Sciences
University of Rhode Island
257 Chafee Hall
10 Chafee Road
Kingston, RI 02881
Office: (401) 874-9528
Fax: (401) 874-2892