The University of Rhode Island Men’s Club Lacrosse team is in search of a new Head Coach.
See below for the position description.
· The Head Coach shall promote fair play and good sportsmanship and at all practices and competitions.
· The Coach will respect all players, coaches, and administrators at all times. Offensive or inappropriate language or behavior can result in termination of employment.
· Maintain current certification in American Red Cross First Aid/CPR or an equivalent certification.
· Directly responsible for ensuring that all duties listed on Assistant Coach contract(s) are performed by the appropriate coach.
· Work with the Coordinator of Club Sports to set up all team travel logistics for the season.
· Schedule and coordinate all events including practices, team meetings and competitions.
· Oversee equipment distribution, return and storage.
· Attend all home and away competitions in a coaching and supervisory capacity.
· Schedule all home competitions – this includes facility preparation and directing the events.
· In cooperation with the Men’s Lacrosse Team, ensure that the team website is up to date with current team information.
· Monitor the academic progress & eligibility of all student-athletes.
· Assist in the recruitment of student-athletes interested in the URI Men’s Lacrosse Team through meetings, campus visitations, and correspondence and telephone contacts, etc.
· In cooperation with the Coordinator of Club Sports, aid and assist with all team individual fundraisers. All fundraisers must be approved in advance by the Coordinator of Club Sports.
· Assist CSIC with formulation of the annual Men’s Lacrosse Team budget in accordance with the timetable and guidelines set by the Coordinator of Club Sports and the URI Student Senate. Attend budget hearings with the Team Captains, if requested by the Coordinator of Club Sport.
· In cooperation with Coordinator of Club Sports maintain and update the Alumni mailing list on an annual basis.
· To submit a current Alumni mailing list including contact information to the Coordinator of Club Sport by May 1, so that the Department of Campus Recreation will have the most up-to-date alumni listing on file as backup.
· To work with the Coordinator of Club Sports as needed on all items pertaining to the URI Men’s Lacrosse Team.
· If at any time during this contract you are suffering from an injury or illness that will impact the execution of this contract, please immediately notify in writing, the Coordinator of Club Sports and/or the Director of Campus Recreation.
Requirements: Four years removed from college, High school or collegiate lacrosse coaching experience, Collegiate lacrosse playing experience, Knowledge of collegiate lacrosse rules.
Salary: Commensurate with experience