Location: The Pharmacy building entrance is located across from CBLS. Second floor of the Pharmacy building, Room 240.
TurningPoint Technologies Channel: 25
Reserving this room
Please submit your request for a classroom
Each room has at least one active ethernet port for use with the internet.
The port will be marked with a yellow dot.
There should be an ethernet cable in the rack drawer to use with the port.
If you find one is missing, please call Classroom Media Assistance at 874-4278.
If you are unable to get online using the wired port, or if you prefer, all rooms also have wireless internet access.
If you have not used wireless access in the past, please be sure to test out your laptop before class starts.
Some manufacturers have special programs or settings that control wireless, or your machine may have a physical button that needs to be selected.
If you have never used your laptop on the URI network, you will be asked to download and install and electronic policy key. You probably don’t want to do this during class time as it can be time consuming, so connect your laptop in your office first and get this step out of the way.
To authenticate on the URI network:
– Use your URI eCampus username
– With your Sakai/wireless password.
If you don’t remember your password, please call the Help Desk at 401-874-4357.
Digital Media Equipment
Digital Media Switcher
Using the BluRay (DVD) Player
To turn the BluRay Player on or off, press the power button located on the bottom edge of the left side of the player. (This button is very small.)
To insert a disk, use the open tray button on the middle bottom edge of the player and use this button to close the disk tray. To eject the disk, use the same button.
Except for the on/off button and disk tray open/close, all controls for the BluRay Player are located in the second and third rows of the Switcher at the top of the rack.
To change the volume, use the knob located on the right side of the Switcher.
- If the projector does not turn on, please call CMA 874-4278. There may have been a brown-out or power loss and the projector may need to be reset.
- If the screen is locked in the down position, please call CMA 874-4278 for assistance.
- If you do not see an image on the screen, but the system is turned on, make sure the source (DVD, camera, computer) has power and is correctly connected. Some sources will display a black screen when the unit is not giving a signal, some sources will show a blue screen.
- If the computer image is shown on the laptop monitor but not the screen, use the FN + F4/F8 buttons pressed simultaneously and twice very fast. Pressing the keys only once moves the display from the monitor to the projector, pressing twice moves the display to both projector and monitor. Most computers use FN + F4, others FN + F8. Look at the FN keys (F1 -F14) to see which has an icon for a monitor on it.
- If the sound cannot be heard through the ALS (Assisted Listening System) Check the Transmitter’s LED Display (in the media rack) that the system is not muted, also check that the volume is not turned down on the ALS device being used. If the system itself is muted, open the lower front-half of the microphone case, press on/off. Respond to the MUTE ON prompt by clicking the Set button on the right of the case front. The system will now be muted. Conversely, to turn the Mute function off, open the case and click on/off button, then click Set.
1. On the Switcher, press the “Power Display OFF” button to turn Off the projector.
2. Remove your media and Power Off the media machine used. Power Off your laptop. Return cables to the floor box and/or media case.
3. Lock up Digital Media Equipment.
4. Turn the classroom Lights OFF. Shut all Exterior Doors.
5. Swipe-lock the main door using your URI ID. The card reader light will blink green when in locked mode.
|Ask students waiting for the next class to remain outside the classroom until their instructor arrives.|
As the Instructor, you are responsible for the room’s security during your class time, so please lock up!