- Electronic Access
- Internet Access
- Locking Up Procedures
- Additional Room Details
Location: 2nd Floor of Quinn Hall (map)
TurningPoint Technologies Channel: 22
Reserving this room:
Please submit your request for a classroom
Important Notes: Card Activation
This room is equipped with electronic access (a card-swipe lock). The electronic mechanism locks and unlocks with a swipe of an authorized URI ID card.
To unlock the door, swipe the ID card with the magnetic strip inside the sliding mechanism, and your picture facing to the left as shown in the picture at the right. To lock the door, repeat this process.
- A steady green light indicates the door is unlocked.
- A red light indicates the door is locked.
Faculty assigned to teach in classrooms with electronic access should be automatically entered prior to the start of the semester, or 24 hours before a special event. To be safe, be sure to test your card at least 1 business day prior to your first class meeting.
If your card does not work, contact Facilities Services Access Control Office at 874- 4577, or e-mail at email@example.com.
Each room has at least one active ethernet port for use with the internet.
The port will be marked with a yellow dot.
There should be an ethernet cable in the rack drawer to use with the port.
If you find one is missing, please call Classroom Media Assistance at 874-4278.
If you are unable to get online using the wired port, or if you prefer, all rooms also have wireless internet access.
If you have not used wireless access in the past, please be sure to test out your laptop before class starts.
Some manufacturers have special programs or settings that control wireless, or your machine may have a physical button that needs to be selected.
If you have never used your laptop on the URI network, you will be asked to download and install and electronic policy key. You probably don’t want to do this during class time as it can be time consuming, so connect your laptop in your office first and get this step out of the way.
To authenticate on the URI network:
– Use your URI eCampus username
– With your Sakai/wireless password.
If you don’t remember your password, please call the Help Desk at 401-874-4357.
Digital Media Switcher
DVD/VCR Combo Unit
To use your laptop follow the following steps:
- If the projector does not turn on, please call CMA 874-4278. There may have been a brown-out or power loss and the projector may need to be reset.
- If the screen is locked in the down position, please call CMA 874-4278 for assistance.
- If you do not see an image on the screen, but the system is turned on, make sure the source (DVD, camera, computer) has power and is correctly connected. Some sources will display a black screen when the unit is not giving a signal, some sources will show a blue screen.
- If the computer image is shown on the laptop monitor but not the screen, use the FN + F4/F8 buttons pressed simultaneously and twice very fast. Pressing the keys only once moves the display from the monitor to the projector, pressing twice moves the display to both projector and monitor. Most computers use FN + F4, others FN + F8. Look at the FN keys (F1 -F14) to see which has an icon for a monitor on it.
- If the sound cannot be heard through the ALS (Assisted Listening System) Check the Transmitter’s LED Display (in the media rack) that the system is not muted, also check that the volume is not turned down on the ALS device being used. If the system itself is muted, open the lower front-half of the microphone case, press on/off. Respond to the MUTE ON prompt by clicking the Set button on the right of the case front. The system will now be muted. Conversely, to turn the Mute function off, open the case and click on/off button, then click Set.
Locking Up Procedures
1. On the Switcher, press the “Power Display OFF” button to turn Off the projector.
2. Remove your media and Power Off the media machine used. Power Off your laptop. Return cables to the floor box and/or media case.
3. Lock up Digital Media Equipment.
4. Turn the classroom Lights OFF. Shut all Exterior Doors.
5. Swipe-lock the main door using your URI ID. The card reader light will blink green when in locked mode.
Ask students waiting for the next class to remain outside the classroom until their instructor arrives.
reservation_contact Enrollment Services 874-2817
media_contact Classroom Media Assistance 874-4278
room_width 35 feet 11 inches
room_length 25 feet
wall_type wood paint
ceiling_type drop panel
window_location left, rear
window_covering horizontal blinds
board_width 4 x 16
board_type dry erase
screen_type manual, 57.5″ x 92″
media_controls digital media rack
instructor_type table lectern
lighting_type audience area
light_switches near door
seating_type tablet chairs and moveable chairs
accessories yes: bottle recycle
controls_location digital media rack
projector_type LCD – Epson
cd_dvd_location digital media rack
cd_dvd_type blue-ray / dvd
laptop_cables etherent, VGA, HDMI