- Light Switches
- Electronic Access
- Internet Access
- Locking Up Procedures
- Additional Room Details
TurningPoint Technologies Channel: 30
Reserving this room:
Please submit your request for a classroom
There are three sets of light switches located in this class room. There is one set of switches located beside both doors, and there is a third set behind the podium in the front of the room.
Important Notes: Card Activation
This room is equipped with electronic access (a card-swipe lock). The electronic mechanism locks and unlocks with a swipe of an authorized URI ID card.
To unlock the door, swipe the ID card with the magnetic strip inside the sliding mechanism, and your picture facing to the left as shown in the picture at the right. To lock the door, repeat this process.
- A steady green light indicates the door is unlocked.
- A red light indicates the door is locked.
Faculty assigned to teach in classrooms with electronic access should be automatically entered prior to the start of the semester, or 24 hours before a special event. To be safe, be sure to test your card at least 1 business day prior to your first class meeting.
If your card does not work, contact Facilities Services Access Control Office at 874- 4577, or e-mail at email@example.com.
Each room has at least one active ethernet port for use with the internet.
The port will be marked with a yellow dot.
There should be an ethernet cable in the rack drawer to use with the port.
If you find one is missing, please call Classroom Media Assistance at 874-4278.
If you are unable to get online using the wired port, or if you prefer, all rooms also have wireless internet access.
If you have not used wireless access in the past, please be sure to test out your laptop before class starts.
Some manufacturers have special programs or settings that control wireless, or your machine may have a physical button that needs to be selected.
If you have never used your laptop on the URI network, you will be asked to download and install and electronic policy key. You probably don’t want to do this during class time as it can be time consuming, so connect your laptop in your office first and get this step out of the way.
To authenticate on the URI network:
– Use your URI eCampus username
– With your Sakai/wireless password.
If you don’t remember your password, please call the Help Desk at 401-874-4357.
Digital Media Switcher
The document camera can project images of either an opaque piece of paper or a transparency sheet.
Located at the front of the class room, it will drop down in front of the whiteboard.
To move screen up or down use the switch located behind the podium.
The projector is located on the ceiling in the middle of the classroom. Do not operate manually– use the podium to operate the projector. (Directions below).
DVD/VCR Combo Unit
Before inserting your DVD/VHS, go to the equipment switcher and select the appropriate source.
To adjust volume of your movie using the audio control on the right of the screen. The audio control labeled ‘Program’ will control the volume of you movie.
To use your laptop follow the following steps:
- If you will be using a Mac laptop without an HDMI port,make sure you have your adapter to connect to VGA or HDMI
- Connect the podium’s VGA cable to your laptop.
- If you are using a VGA cable to connect to the system, you will also need to connect audio, if you plan to use audio. Simply, connect the audio cable into your laptop’s headphone jack.
- It is recommended you connect the ethernet cable and use the wired connection if you plan on showing Youtube videos or any other streaming media.
- Touch the instructor control screen to bring it to the default screen
- If the touchscreen was already at the default because it was used recently, you will not need this step.
- Touch the flat screen again to bring up the equipment controls.
- Select either VGA or HDM source.
- The projection screen will automatically lower when any source is selected.
General Problem Solving
Connecting a Laptop Help
Please Remember to:
- Remove your media and Restart the media machine used. Power Off your laptop. Return cables to the media case.
- Press the “System Off” button in the upper right hand corner of the touch screen. When it asks “Are you sure?” press “Yes”. The screen will go up, and the projector will turn off.
- Turn the classroom Lights OFF. Shut all Exterior Doors.
- Swipe-lock the main door using your URI ID card. The card-reader light will flash red once when in locked mode.
Ask students waiting for the next class to remain outside the classroom until their instructor arrives.
reservation_contact Enrollment Services 874-2817
media_contact Classroom Media Assistance 874-4278
disability elevator, classroom
room_width 21feet 8 inches
room_length 28 feet 11 inches
ceiling_type drop panel
window_covering shades, opaque
board_location front, rear
screen_type electric, traditional format 4:3
lighting_type audience area
light_switches near door, rear
seating_type movable chairs, movable tables
accessories trashcan, bottle recycling, paper recycling, clocks
controls_location instructor station
control_type crestron, touchscreen
cd_dvd_location instructor station
cd_dvd_type combo, region 1
vhs_location instructor station
vhs_type combo, S-VHS
mic_type gooseneck, lavaliere
mic_location instructor station
computer_system pc, mac
computer_location instructor station
laptop_cables ethernet, vga, audio