- Undergraduates who have completed degree requirements by December 2014, or May or August 2015 are eligible to participate in the ceremonies.
- If you are unsure of your academic status, meet with your academic advisor to ensure that you have met the requirements.
- At your College Ceremony, you will be called to cross the stage and will be handed a diploma cover. You will receive your actual diploma in August.
- GPA requirements for graduating with honors: Cum Laude, 3.3; Magna Cum Laude, 3.5; Summa Cum Laude, 3.7. These designations are not specific to your major, but are overall.
Update e-Campus – Check your name
- Check the spelling of your name. Your name as it is shown on e-Campus is what will be on your diploma, in the commencement program and in any local newspaper listing.
- Remove any restrictions you may have set including any FERPA holds that will prevent your name from appearing in the Commencement program or in your local newspaper. Make sure your name, home address and email address are accurate.
- Ensure that there are no sanctions or restrictions on your e-Campus record. It is your responsibility to review and address any sanctions in order to receive your diploma and be recognized at commencement.
- Your address on e-Campus is where Enrollment Services will send your bachelor’s or master’s degree diploma.
Caps, Gowns and Hoods
- If you plan to participate in the 129th Commencement Ceremony, you must wear academic regalia. Regalia may be purchased at the University Bookstore, early April until May 17. These items are not returnable. URI student ID is required.
- Honor cords are not available at the bookstore and must be purchased directly from the honors societies.
- The tassel is worn on the right until the degree has been conferred, at which time it is flipped to the left side.
- What’s your color?
– Arts and Sciences: B.A., white; B.S., golden yellow; B.M., pink; B.F.A., brown
– Business Administration: drab (light brown)
– Continuing Education: B.G.S., black and white
– Engineering: orange
– Environment and Life Sciences: maize
– Human Science and Services: red
– Nursing: apricot
– Pharmacy: olive
The University of Rhode Island’s 129th Commencement is an event like no other that occurs throughout the year. We ask that our graduates and our guests respect the ceremony and all of the people involved by behaving in a dignified manner. In keeping with decorum and tradition, we ask that guests adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please remain in your seats until the recessional begins
- When names of students are read, please be considerate with applause so that all names are clearly heard
- Confetti, balloons and noisemakers are not permitted at any ceremonies
- The possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited during the commencement ceremonies and related activities. We appreciate your cooperation.
Yearbook, Announcements and Photographs
- If you had a senior portrait taken, you do NOT need to order a yearbook. A single copy of the yearbook is included with the sitting fee. Yearbooks can be ordered from Jostens for $60 each. Yearbooks will include pictures from Commencement and will be mailed in late fall to the address you provide. For more information or to order additional copies of the yearbook, contact the Renaissance yearbook staff at 401.874.5897 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information on printed announcements, suitable for mailing to family and friends, is available from the URI Bookstore (401.874.2722) and Jostens.
- Formal photographs taken as you are handed your diploma cover may be ordered from Grad Images (800.424.3686).
The Rhody Senior Challenge
Members of your Class of 2015 will launch a student-led initiative to raise funds in support of the University of Rhode Island. As graduating seniors and the newest group of soon-to-be young alumni, this is your chance to recognize the efforts of past and current donors by becoming a donor yourself. To encourage significant participation from member of the Class of 2015 by June 30, gifts of any size will count and all will make a difference!