The University of Rhode Island’s Commencement is one of the biggest events held in the Ocean State each year. Anticipated attendance is about 15–20,000 undergraduate and graduate students with families and friends, University and state officials, faculty, staff, security and volunteers gathered for the celebrations.
Please be sure to allow extra time for travel to and from campus when coming from anywhere in the region. Also, plan your travel to minimize the number of cars on campus and ensure that you are clear about the best strategies for parking and on-campus transportation.
Getting to Campus
- By Car: Get driving directions
- Amtrak 800.872.7245. The Kingston railroad station is less than a mile from URI.
- T.F. Green International Airport, about 20 miles from URI, bus transportation and rental cars available.
- R.I. Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) 401.781.9400, 800.244.0444.
- Peter Pan Bus Lines (800.556.3815) connect Providence and Newport to diverse locations nationwide.
Area Lodging Resources
- At the end of the day, traffic patterns may have changed at the recommendation of public safety officials. Signs will be clearly posted for drivers coming onto campus and/or leaving.