Enter our first ever graduation cap decorating contest, and you might just get the VIP treatment for you and your family at commencement!
Note that the deadline for entries has passed, and the winners have been announced on Facebook.
All class of 2017 undergraduate and graduate students who are eligible for URI commencement are encouraged to decorate their caps and show their Rhody pride in one of three categories:
- Rhody Pride
- 125th Anniversary
- URI Affiliation (academic department, student group or organization, etc.)
How to Enter
- Starting Monday, April 17, share photos of your decorated grad cap on Twitter or Instagram using #MyURIcap, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include which category you’re choosing.
- Submissions must be received or posted by Tuesday, May 16 at noon.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of URI students and staff. Cap submissions will be shared on the University’s social media pages and may be displayed at URI Commencement Ceremonies.
- One VIP parking spot and VIP seating for 4 at Commencement
- Winning caps will be featured on URI social media.
Terms & Conditions
- Open to all graduating undergraduate and graduate students.
- Photos must include #myURIcap and one of the three categories to be eligible.
- Photos must be submitted or posted on social media by Tuesday, May 16 at noon.
- Winners will be chosen by a judging panel of URI students and staff.
- Winners will be notified via email or direct message by Wednesday, May 17.
- Winners must pick up prizes from the Alumni Center, 73 Upper College Road, by Friday, May 19 at 4 p.m.
- Three winners will receive VIP seating/parking at Commencement
- The University of Rhode Island can use photo submissions for its purposes.
For more information, please contact Shelbey Galliher at email@example.com.