Dear NECLTA Members and friends,
Attached please find the updated program for the 2013 NECLTA Conference. The conference registration deadline is September 15th, 2013. Please plan accordingly.
I. Registration information
For your convenience, here are a few key links to help you complete your registration.
1. 2013 NECLTA Conference registration: https://tufts.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_7ZYvwc3KYVXfEqh
Please complete the registration as soon as you can, but no later than 9/15, 2013. You cannot attend the conference without completing this registration. This applies to everyone, even if you are a board member, or a presenter.
2. 2013-2014 NECLTA membership registration/renewal: https://tufts.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_aaa1Jo6iuvgSLXv
You might also use this opportunity to renew your NECLTA membership. The 2012-2013 membership ends on September 30th, 2013. Your 2013-2014 membership covers the period between October 1st, 2013 and September 30th, 2014. You $20 regular membership dues will allow us to waive your $20 conference registration fee, waive your $10 lunch charge, and waive your $10 bus ride charge. As a member of NECLTA, you also enjoy other membership benefits as well. Please visit neclta.org for more information about our organization.
3. Online PayPal payment option: http://www.neclta.org/membership/payment
We encourage you to pay your membership dues online. It’s quick and easy. For those of you who prefer to make your payment by check, please make your check payable to NECLTA and mail it to
180 Packard Ave, Olin 326
Medford, MA 02155
Driving to URI
1．Set up your GPS to Visitor Center of URI, 45 Upper College Road, Kingston, RI 02881
2. Detailed routes:
a. If you come from the north, Massachusetts and Northern New England, the route is:
I-95 South———Exit 9 RI——– RI Route 4——-RI Route 1 South——–RI Route 138 West (Mooresfield road)——–Upper College Road (right turn)
b. If you come from the south, Connecticut, New York City and New Jersey, the route is:
I-95 North——–Exit 3A RI——RI Route 138 East——- Upper College Road (left turn)
A parking lot is available behind the visitor’s center. No parking permit is required on weekends.
The visitor’s center is located at 45 Upper College Road, Kingston, RI 02881
Map of the campus on the next page
(also available at: http://www.uri.edu/home/visitors/Map/KingstonCampus.pdf )
II. Hotel information
For those of you who need to stay overnight, here’s a place for your consideration.
3009 Tower Hill Road
South Kingstown, RI 02874
Holiday Inn will be able to offer you a rate of $109/night (regularly $209). Just mention “URI Confucius Institute” when you make your reservation to receive the special rate.
If you are staying at the hotel and need a ride to the conference site, please email Xie Laoshi at email@example.com. We will arrange pick-up service from the hotel to the conference site.
III. Panel chairs
Panel members whose names are coded red in the attached program are designated panel chairs. As panel chairs, you are responsible for the smooth execution of your panel presentations. Specifically, you need to make sure that:
1. Your panel members arrive early for the presentation;
2. You have agreed on the order of presentation;
3. You have set time limits on your presentations;
4. Your equipment is working properly. Please note that all the classrooms are equipped with a projector and speakers, but each panel needs to bring their own laptop. Panel chair needs to make sure that someone in the panel brings a laptop.
5. If you have any questions, or if there are significant changes in your panel, please contact our conference chairs: Prof. Zhijun Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Prof. Baozhang He at email@example.com. They may also contact you with additional information later.
Please review the attached program and complete your registration at your earliest convenience. We are excited about this year’s conference and we would love to see you all at the conference. Feel free to forward this email to anyone who might be interested.