INVOICE VOUCHER INSTRUCTIONS:
Invoice Vouchers are payment forms to be used ONLY in situations where competitive pricing is not an issue or where competition has been specifically exempted by statute or regulation.
Invoice Vouchers are not procurement documents. DO NOT use an Invoice Voucher as a means to pay a vendor for goods or services rendered which violated URI Purchasing Procedures. You will need to contact the Controller’s Office directly to resolve the issue. If you have additional questions, please see Frequently Asked Questions on the Controller’s website or contact Accounts Payable Manager Judy Moore 874-4419 prior to ordering. All other purchases need to be processed in accordance with the policies and procedures as set forth in the URI Purchasing Manual.
All Invoice Voucher forms must include:
- PeopleSoft vendor ID number. If the vendor is not on the PeopleSoft system, the department must obtain a completed W-9 form from the vendor to submit with the Invoice Voucher or if a business/company, vendor must complete the Vendor Registration.
- Vendor payment remittance address
- Is payment for an Honorarium? Circle Yes or No
- Is it a non-US vendor? Circle Yes or No. If yes, vendor needs W-8BEN form submitted.
- Vendor invoice number
- Vendor invoice date
- URI department contact name and phone
- Number of units
- Description of items
- Price per unit
- Total price per item (formula on Excel form)
- Total amount should agree to invoice total. (formula on Excel form)
- Complete PeopleSoft chartfield string and amount to be charged to each individual chartfield string. Total must agree to invoice total.
- Authorized Signatory must sign and date invoice voucher approving processing and payment to vendor.
- Honorariums or stipends must be approved through the Office of Human Resources prior to submitting to General Accounting for payment, except Foundation. If Foreign National Honorariums, contact Payroll Office at least two weeks in advance.
- Office of Sponsored Projects must review and sign the invoice voucher when charging a grant prior to submitting to General Accounting for payment.
- Foundation must review and sign the Invoice Voucher when charging a foundation account prior to submitting to General Accounting.
- Attach original invoice to Invoice Voucher form and 1 copy of remit if required.