Colbert, Mary

Name: Mary Colbert
Where are you from: Mansfield, MA
MajorEnvironmental and Natural Resource Economics
Expected Graduation date: May 2018

What is your responsibility as a 2017 URI Energy Fellow (i.e. what team are you on/where are you working)?
I am on the Efficient Buildings Fund team at the URI Outreach Center. I am currently updating energy consumption data for municipalities and school districts in Rhode Island on Energy Star Portfolio Manager, an online database that tracks energy consumption and cost. I will also be working with municipalities to assist in drafting energy management plans. I really like the fact that I’ll be working closely with municipalities to help them with anything they might need with portfolio manager or creating energy management plans. I think that it will be great for networking opportunities as well as building my confidence about my knowledge. In general I am looking forward to working with the other fellows, gaining more knowledge about the energy sector and energy efficiency!

In my free time I like to…
I am currently the president of Colleges Against Cancer, a club on campus that plans and executes relay for life. We fundraise throughout the year leading up to the 10-hour event, and all the money we raise goes back to the American Cancer Society to help fund cancer research. I also love photography and have been doing it since I was a sophomore in high school, and I take every chance I get to take pictures. I am also involved in Student Action for Sustainability, a club on campus that promotes sustainable living such as recycling, composting, and using less energy.