Thakur, Devina

Name: Devina S. Thakur, ‘17
From: Lincoln, Rhode Island
MajorEnvironmental and Natural Resource Economics

What is your responsibility as a 2016 URI Energy Fellow (i.e. what team are you on/where are you working)?
My responsibility as a 2016 URI Energy Fellow is being apart of Energy Literacy Team working with URI Cooperative Extension. I am responsible for bringing research-based information to the public to increase awareness and help them make informed decisions about their energy use. I am looking forward to the summer portion of the fellowship program where we will be attending professional development trainings, specialized energy trainings, outside energy events and conferences. This will be a great opportunity to network with energy professionals and learn more about the energy industry. The most rewarding part of my job is being able to create interactive workshops and activities to help spread awareness about energy, especially activities for youth.

In my free time I like to…
My favorite thing to do during my free time is checking out different restaurants. I love Thai food! Oh yeah, and Burritos! You can also never get enough of Netflix as a great way to unwind.