The University of Rhode Island is a principled community guided by values. As members of this community, we subscribe to the following principles which form the foundation of our endeavors.
- We pursue knowledge with honesty, integrity and courage.
- We promote independent choice, intellectual curiousity, open-mindedness and free expression.
- We respect the rights and dignity of each individual and group. We reject prejudice and intolerance, and we work to understand differences.
- We accept personal responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
- We actively cooperate to improve the University, the state of Rhode Island, and the global community beyond our borders.
- We strive to be a community where the environment and property are treated respectfully.
- We seek to create and maintain an environment conducive to personal health and wellness.
- We work to develop skills which promote lifelong learning, leadership and service.
Developed by the Quality of Student Life Committee and endorsed by the Student Senate and the Graduate Student Association, University of Rhode Island, Spring 1996.