Assistive Technology, Adaptive Equipment, and Software
Contact DSS for assistance in accessing equipment and software.
- Loaner personal computer for exams
- Phonic ear (assistive listening device)
- Tape recorders and tapes
- 4-track tape recorders
- Institutional contract with RFB&D
- DAISY readers for RFB&D loans
- Kurzweil personal reader
- Scanned or E-Books for use with Kurzweil reader software
- Juliet Braille Printer (updated on request)
- Jaws for Windows
- Magic (screen enlarging software)
- Naturally Speaking dictation software
- headphones / microphones
Other equipment or supports on a case-by-case basis and based on documentation
Adaptive Technology Network: Through the generosity of a private donor, we are in the process of developing an Adaptive Technology Network. This project’s goal is to provide access to adaptive software for students with disabilities 24 hours a day/7 days a week, on personal computers. Students will be able to access the adaptive software from home, or from dorm rooms if they have hard-wired Internet access.
Adaptive computers are also available in the University Library and in the Memorial Union computer labs.