Media Resources for Disability Resource Mentors
These media resources can be borrowed from URI Disability Services.
Â Please call 401-874-2098, or email email@example.com Â to arrange access. Â
- Able to Laugh (1993) (Comedy by people with disabilities). Michael J. Dougan. (27 mins.) VHS
- A Culture Undiscovered. The Impact of learning Disability on Racially and Ethnically Diverse Students (1999) Miguel Gallardo PhD (36 mins.) VHS
- Depression and Manic Depression (2001) Films for the Humanities and Sciences. (28 mins.) VHS
- Depression: Fighting the Dragon (2002) Sue Rideout. (45 Mins.) VHS
- Disability, Identity, and Culture. (2000) A production of Advocating Together for Change.Â (28 mins.) VHS
- Dyslexia: A Different Kind of Mind. (1997) Films for the Humanities and Sciences. (29 Mins.) VHS
- King Gimp (1999) by Susan Hannah Hadary and William A. WhitefordÂ Video Press. (50 mins.) DVD
- Misunderstood Minds: (2002) understanding kids who struggle to learn. AÂ co-production of the Kirk Documentary Group, Ltd. and WGBH/Boston.Â (90 mins.) VHS
- The Ten Commandments of Communicating with People with Disabilities. (1994) Irene M. Ward and Associates. (26mins.) VHS
- When Billy Broke His Head and Other Tales of Wonder. (1994)Â Independent Television Service (157 Mins.) VH=
A list of Â media resourcesÂ identified by searching using the keyword “disability” can be found at this link to the Helin Consortium catalog.
A list of media resources identified by using the keywords “learning disability” can be found at this link to the Helin Consortium catalog.
A list of media resourcesÂ identified byÂ using the subject word “learning disability” can be found at this link to the the Helin Consortium catalog.
You can modify these searches on the Helin website.