A student body, faculty, and staff that is diverse and accepting of differences in all people is a cornerstone of life at URI. These resources should help to guide your decisions, celebrate our uniqueness, and promote unity and understanding across campus.
- 2015-2016 Academic Year Multicultural Faculty Fellowship — Faculty is invited to submit proposals to the Multicultural Faculty Fellowship (MFF) Program. The goal of the program is to increase the diversity of the faculty at the URI and advance issues of diversity in research and teaching within academic programs at the University.
- Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, and Diversity — The University of Rhode Island’s office of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Diversity pledges itself to continue its commitment to the achievement of equal opportunity within the University and throughout American society as a whole. In this regard, University of Rhode Island will recruit, hire, promote, educate, and provide services to persons based upon their individual qualifications. The office of AAEOD assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of various programs and policies all of which furthers the University’s commitment to maintaining a campus free of harassment and discrimination.
- Multiculturalism and Diversity Enhancement Fund (Office of the Provost) — The Fund, established by the Division of Academic Affairs Diversity Task Force, is designed to build on the goal of ensuring an equitable and inclusive campus community. The intention of the fund is to encourage faculty and staff to enhance cultural competence within the Division of Academic Affairs.
- Academic Affairs Diversity Task Force — Issues pertaining to diversity, equity, and justice are integral to creating and sustaining an open and inclusive learning community at The University of Rhode Island (URI). The Diversity Task Force of the Division of Academic Affairs is committed to promoting tolerance, respect, and equal opportunity with respect to learning and discovery within the university.
- Compliance Office — Internal Audit provides a confidential reporting mechanism that allows URI community members to raise concerns about business practices, compliance issues, or unethical conduct. Do you know of or suspect any unethical behavior. REPORT IT!
- 2014-2015 URI Grand Challenge Teaching Fellows — An integral part of the University’s continuing efforts to sustain a model of active and collaborative learning, this call for proposals sought full-time faculty interested in developing new interdisciplinary general education courses that will engage students and facilitate their exploration of multiple perspectives in areas of contemporary significance.