The USP-1, USP-2, USP-5, and USP-12 paper forms
engineered for online processing in e-Campus!
No more walking these forms around campus!
The pilot with CELS and Dining Services has been very successful! We are now adding all units of Business Services as well as the colleges of Pharmacy, HSS, and GSO. They will begin processing the forms online the first week of December and a general release of the product to all remaining URI divisions and departments is tentatively scheduled for February 3, 2014. When the pilot phase nears completion, we will communicate the specifics of the campus rollout to the rest of the campus community and arrange information and training sessions.
Instructions for Processing Online Forms
The online Position Action Form replaces the USP-1 paper form; it is used to abolish, change, or create a position. The Employee Action Form combines and replaces the USP-2, USP-5, and USP-12 paper forms; it is used to process changes in employee job information.
|Approval||Position Action||Employee Action|
|The Employee Action Form documentation for the tasks below is located on the HR Forms Website at: http://web.uri.edu/hr/forms/
About the Online Position and Employee Action Forms
This is a new, online business process created within e-Campus that was custom-designed, programmed and implemented by UCS staff. It engineers the functions of the paper forms and makes them available online for processing via two e-Campus pages called the Position Action Form and the Employee Action Form. The two pages represent what we currently call the USP-1, USP-2, USP-5, and USP-12 forms. The approval process is handled online within e-Campus, much like the Online Requisition forms in e-Campus Financials. Please note that the online forms represent internal URI processes only; they do not affect the State process!
Once we go live, the term Position Action Form will be used instead of USP-1 and Employee Action Form will be used instead of USP-2, USP-5, and USP-12!!
The project is the result of close collaboration among the Budget, Human Resources, Payroll, and University Computing Systems (UCS) departments. In addition, many other URI staff members and departments were included in the planning and provided invaluable input to help us produce an online process that will meet the needs of the entire campus.
- Position Action Form
- Employee Action Form
- Benefits of Online Action Forms
- Project Team Members
- Pilot Departments and Campus Rollout
- Try Out the Online Forms!
Position Action Form
This e-Campus form replaces the USP-1 paper form; it is used to create or abolish a position. The online form looks like the printed form:
Employee Action Form
This e-Campus form combines and replaces the USP-2, USP-5, and USP-12 paper forms. It is used to:
- Hire employees,
- Make changes to jobs such as extensions, promotions, and transfers,
- Make changes to employees’ personal information,
- Process leave of absence, termination, etc.
Benefits of Online Action Forms
- Defined workflow map, showing the routing steps for each action form.
- Easily traceable forms, showing where the form is at any given time.
- Flexible programming that allows for changes to the business and approval processes when necessary.
- Automatic email notifications to staff who are not necessarily approvers but need to know when forms are created or changed.
- Pre-populated fields in existing employee records allowing changes to be made quickly only where needed instead of re-entering information each time a change is made. Changes are readily visible through use of color in affected fields.
- Improved data integrity and increased efficiency resulting in reduced costs and improved services.
- Permanent archival of forms in the e-Campus system.
Project Team Members
- Linda Barrett, Director, Budget Office
- Sharon Bell, Controller, Controller’s Office
- Anne Marie Coleman, Assistant Vice President, Human Resource Administration
- Clifford H. Katz, Vice Provost for Academic Finances and Academic Personnel, Office of the Provost
UCS Project Leads:
- Mike Motta, Associate Director
- John Shen, Lead Programmer Analyst/Developer
Work Team Resources – Testing and Reviewing:
- Budget: Diana MacDonald, Steve Thompson
- HR: Paula Murray, Leslie Pojda
- Payroll: Jim Cacciola, Maryann Duggan
- UCS: Irene Azzinaro, Julie Erickson, and other UCS/HR technical team members on an as-need basis.
Pilot Departments and Campus Rollout
The College of the Environment and Life Sciences (CELS) and Dining Services agreed to work with us as pilot departments for testing and training during the summer and early fall, with a rollout date of October 2013. We have added all units of Business Services as well as the colleges of Pharmacy, HSS, and GSO to the pilot. They will begin the process the first week of December.
A high-level rollout schedule for all campus departments and divisions will take place in February 2014. More information on this rollout will be communicated as the time comes closer. Please stay tuned!
Try Out the Online Forms!
Since the forms will look so similar to the current paper forms and therefore familiar to most everybody who has ever used them, training as is normally conducted for new products and procedures does not really apply.
Instead, the HR training staff will schedule instructor-led training sessions and open forums for people to try out the forms and get familiar with the online process. We will notify the campus community once the schedule is firmed up.