- Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering
- Office: Pastore 126
- Phone: 401.874.5879
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing Address:
51 Lower College Rd.
Kingston, RI 02881
His current research interests include CMOS amplifiers and comparators, analog and digital filters, data converters, phase-locked loops and low power CMOS circuits.
- Ph.D. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, 1985
- M.S. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, 1978
- A. J. Davis, G. Fischer, H-H. Albrecht, and J. Hess: Digital Correction of Circuit Imperfections in cascaded Delta-Sigma Modulators composed of first-order Sections. IEEE Proc. of ISCAS’00, pp. V 689-692, Geneva, May 28 – 31, 2000.
- G. Fischer, and A. J. Davis: VLSI Implementation of a Wide-Band Sonar Receiver. IEEE Proc. of ISCAS’00, pp. V 673-676, Geneva, May 28 – 31, 2000
- G. Fischer, and C. T. Weibel: Delay-Sum Beamforming using Delta-Sigma modulated Inputs. IEEE MWSCAS’00, Lansing, MI, August 8 – 11, 2000.
- G. Fischer, and D. Hyun: Quantization Noise and Limit Cycle Patterns in Single-Bit Delta-Sigma Modulators. IEEE Proc. of IMTC’01, Budapest, Hungary, May 21 – 23, 2001.
- G. Fischer, and D. Hyun: Delta-Sigma Modulator Topologies with high Immunity to Pattern Noise. IEEE Proc. of ISCAS’02, pp. III 703-706, Scottsdale, AZ, May 26 – 29, 2002.
- A. J. Davis, and G. Fischer: Improved Null Cancellation in a sixth order Delta-Sigma Modulator realized with 2 third-order Sections. ADDA&EWADC’02, Prag, Czech Republic, June 2002.
- S. Lee, G. Fischer, and M. Obara: an Acoustic Tag for long Range Fish Tracking in the Ocean. US-Korea Conf. on Science, Technology and Entrepreneurship, Seoul, Korea, July 2002.
- M. Obara, G. Fischer, and S. Lee: A monolithic Time of Arrival Detector for acoustic Signals, IEEE MWSCAS’02, Tulsa, OK, August 4 – 7, 2002.
- G. Fischer, S. Lee, and M. Obara: A Programmable monolithic Temperature Logging Device, IEEE MWSCAS’02, Tulsa, OK, August 4 – 7, 2002.
- W. Yung, T. Xia, G. Fischer, and A.J. Davis: Process Dependency of MOSFET depletion Mode MOS Capacitors in Series Compensation, IEEE MWSCAS’02, Tulsa, OK, August 4 – 7, 2002.
- A.J. Davis, G. Fischer, C. Chuen-Song, and W. Yung: MOSFET only third-order Delta-Sigma Modulators, 8th Workshop on ADC Modeling & Testing, pp. 40-48, Perugia, Italy, Sept. 8-10, 2003.
- H. Narayanan, and G. Fischer: Ultra low power Phase-Locked-Loops, IEEE MSWCAS’05 Cincinnati, OH, Aug. 7-10, 2005.
- P. Kasturi, and G. Fischer: Development of a Design Platform for CMOS Ampliers. PRIME’06, Lecce, Italy, June 11-16, 2006.
- G. Fischer and F. Luo: Low Jitter Audio Range PLL with ultra-low Power Dissipation, GLSVLSI’11 Lausanne, Switzerland, May 2-4, 2011.
- G. Fischer and H. T. Rossby: A Silicon Core for an Acoustic Archival Tag, IEEE SOCCâ€™11, pp. 63-68, Taipe, Taiwan, Sept. 26-29, 2011.
- G. Fischer and F. Luo: Jitter in ultra-low Power audio-Range PLLs. IEEE MWSCASâ€™12, Boise, Idaho, August 8-12, 2012.
Personal website: http://www.ele.uri.edu/faculty/fischer/