- DO NOT MOVE THE PATIENT unless the area is not safe (fire, etc)
- Tell the dispatcher your name, location and a telephone number you can be reached at. Be as precise as possible.
- Describe to the best of your knowledge what happened & how.
- Do not hang up until the dispatcher hangs up first.
- Clear the area of people who are not relatives or witnesses.
Have someone await the arrival of the ambulance at the
entrance to guide the ambulance crew in.
- Ensure that all access paths are clear for the ambulance crew.