URI EMS places a high priority on preparedness. In addition to the regular mandatory trainings and preparedness standards most EMS services live up to, URI EMS goes one step further. Any department, organization or service whether or not related to or affiliated with the University may request specialized services in emergency preparedness.
Please see Public Education/Awareness section for details on specific informal/formal educational courses or programs available, including CPR/AED/First Aid.
Guidance and/or instruction in the following areas is available:
- Familiarization with Incident Command System/National Incident Management System
- Courses in First Aid/CPR/AED.
- What to do in an Emergency (useful especially for building managers, housing units, RA’s/GA’s, Hall Directors, etc). Individual presentations can be targeted for the specific audience.
- Assistance in planning for emergency situations or scenarios.
- Assistance in implementing Public Access Defibrillation programs (Public-accessible AEDs)
- Assistance in planning for emergency needs for special events.
- Guidance for AEDs or First Aid equipment.
Please Contact Us for further details.