Why Host URI Students?
We know that our students will get a great learning experience working with your organization. So what’s in it for you? Here are a just a few of the benefits:
- Our students have a minimum of 2 years of coursework and have a strong academic foundation.
- Since our programs are not required, you have the opportunity to work with students who are highly motivated.
- Hosting students is a great way to recruit potential employees for your organization.
- Students offer a fresh perspective and can bring new ideas into your organization.
- Get projects designed and completed in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Both you and the students will have the support and guidance of URI’s highly qualified internship faculty and experiential learning staff.
- For more information regarding the subsidized, paid internship for college students and employers, please click here.
Options for Working With Students
- Student Internships: Internships provide students with a hands-on learning experience that combines practical application, observation, professional opportunities and mentorship.
- Project Based Collaboration involves students working on a problem or project based on the what they’ve learned in a previous course and/or courses. This is different than an internship since the focus is for a specific project or problem to solve and requires the assistance of a faculty member serving as a mentor. Learn more »
- Student Service and Volunteering offers a broad concept of community involvement and awareness that can include service, advocacy, service learning, volunteerism, and political participation with the goal of helping to develop community based knowledge, values and skills. Learn more »
For more information about working with students, please contact the ELCE staff.
Advertising Your Opportunities
RhodyNet is URI’s free online recruitment system which will allow you to post all types of jobs and internships, and access a range of other recruitment tools.
To create an account or log into an existing account, just go to https://www.myinterfase.com/uri/employer and follow the instructions on the page.
Once you have created an account, you can:
- Post an Opportunity: Click “My Jobs” from the horizontal menu and completing the form with information describing your opportunity.
- Register for a Career Event: Click “Career Events” and select the event you would like to attend, then register.
- Connect with Students on Campus: We welcome you to share your expertise and career advice with our students here at URI. By joining our Career Mentor Network you can get involved through student mentoring, panel discussions, classroom speakers, and information booths. You can also connect with students through sponsorship of events, supplies, or general support. Additional information is available through our Office of Career Services and Employer Relations.
For more information about advertising your opportunities, contact Audrey Tessier in the Office of Career Services and Employer Relations.