The Feinstein Experience
The Feinstein Experience is a common service experience held every fall and open to the entire URI campus community with the goal of engaging URI campus members in meaningful service experiences that meet real needs in our communities.
Created by Alan Shawn Feinstein in 1995, the Feinstein Enriching America Program (FEAP) is the civic engagement component of URI 101. The goal of FEAP is to engage URI first-year students in a meaningful community service that connects them to community. The Feinstein Experience primarily serves URI 101 students through FEAP, but any URI student can participate, and students can participate multiple times.
The fall 2013 registration process is now open! Registering to participate is simple! Find a project you would like to attend and click on the title to open a box with project details and a link to Register. Simply follow the link and complete the survey to register. You will receive a confirmation within 3 business days.
- Projects are removed once they pass OR once they fill-up! If you registered for a project but have forgotten details or lost your confirmation please call 874-2568!
- Projects are all inclusive, meaning we provide (if necessary) transportation, food and materials. Project details will be sent to you in a confirmation email after you register.
- Project time includes travel time and transportation off campus is provided!
- Projects are filled on a first come, first served basis. Be sure to write down the date and time of the project you select, and confirm that you do not have any conflicts. You cannot miss class to attend a project.
- There are consequences for missing a project without notice so do not sign up for a project unless you are sure that you can attend. The URI Feinstein Office and our community partners are depending on you to be present.
- You must be able to attend the entire project time as projects include pre and post activities. It is not appropriate to miss class in order to attend a service project.
- If you have any special/specific needs or accommodations, please let us know on the registration form so we can make your experience as successful as possible.
**PLEASE NOTE: Projects are removed once they pass OR once they fill-up! If you registered for a project but have forgotten details and/or lost your confirmation email call 874-2568!**