BEAUPRE CENTER FOR CHEMICAL AND FORENSIC SCIENCES, ROOM 105
A reception sponsored by Dean Ebrahimpour, College of Business Administration
will immediately follow the meeting (Beaupre 105).
1. Call to order at 3:00 PM. “This Land is Your Land”
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #1, September 21, 2017
3. REPORT OF OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
A. Announcements – Chairperson Conley
B. Activities of the Executive Committee
Minutes of Executive Committee Meetings #5, #6, #7, and #8 – Vice Chairperson Leonard
C. Recommendations of the Executive Committee – Chairperson Conley
1. That the Senate approve replacing existing By-Laws of the Faculty Senate 4.20 – 4.88 with new sections, By-Laws of the Faculty Senate 4.20 – 4.70, proposed Standing Committees of the Faculty Senate*
3. That the Senate direct the Constitution, By-Laws, and University Manual Committee to review and to make recommendations at the next Faculty Senate meeting on revising appropriate sections of the University Manual, By-Laws, and Constitution to incorporate the approved method of appointing members of standing committees.
* Per By-Laws 12.1, an amendment to the By-Laws may not be voted upon at the meeting at which it is first moved. Motions to amend and amendments to the motions are permissible at this meeting. Voting will take place at a subsequent meeting.
4. REPORT OF THE PRESIDENT
B. Per University Manual Section 10.90.15, Verbal Reporting to Constituency, Report on Administrator Evaluation of Provost DeHayes
State of The Budget Address to Faculty Senate – Director Barrett
6. REPORTS OF STANDING AND SPECIAL COMMITTEES
B. General Education Committee Report 2017-18-2– Senator Williams
7. OLD BUSINESS
8. NEW BUSINESS