Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, April 17, 2014 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building.
A reception at the University Club sponsored by Dean Kirby will immediately follow the Meeting.
3:00PM call to order of the meeting of the General Faculty – Graduate Faculty (Agenda).
1. Call to order of the Faculty Senate after the General Faculty – Graduate Faculty meeting.
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #7, March 20, 2014
3. REPORTS OF OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
A. Announcements – Chairperson Byrd
B. Activities of the Executive Committee:
Minutes of Executive Committee Meeting #22 and #23
– Vice Chairperson Rice
C. Recommendation of the Executive Committee
1) That the Faculty Senate adopt the proposed schedule of meetings for the 2014-2015 academic year.
2) On October 18, 2012, by a vote of the Faculty Senate, the Administrator Evaluation Process was suspended for two academic years, 2012-13 and 2013-14, and legislation was passed outlining a pilot process that utilized an electronic survey instrument (Bill #12-13–5). The pilot time period has ended and the Executive Committee recommends
That the Faculty Senate amend Manual Sections 5.76.10-12 and 10.90.10-15
4. REPORT OF THE PRESIDENT — President Dooley
B. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President:
Bill# 13-14–17 Curricular Report No. 2013-14-5A from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. Approved by President Dooley on March 21, 2014.
Bill #13-14–18 Curricular Report No. 2013-14-5B from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate: Environmental Planning and Design Track in Masters of Environmental Science and Management (MESM). Approved by President Dooley on April 15, 2014. Pending RIBOE approval.
Bill #13-14–19 The Five Hundred and Thirteenth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee. Approved by President Dooley on March 21, 2014.
Bill #13-14–20 University College and General Education Committee Report #2013-14-3. Approved by President Dooley on March 21, 2014.
Bill #13-14–21 University College and General Education Committee Report #2013-14-4: Revised General Education Program. Approved by President Dooley on April 15, 2014. Pending RIBOE approval.
Resolution #13-14–1 Endorsement of Resolution relative to Board of Education Re-structuring. Pending approval. Supported by the President on April 15, 2014.
5. REPORTS OF STANDING AND SPECIAL COMMITTEES
– Dean Killingbeck
Graduate Certificate in Digital Literacy and Post Masters Certificate Programs in Nursing
– Dean Zawia
– Professor Brand
D. University College and General Education Committee Report #2013-14-5
– Professor Maier- Speredelozzi
E. Annual Report of the Council for Research – Professor Webb
F. Annual Report of the Learning Outcomes Oversight Committee (LOOC) – Professor Hicks
6. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
7. NEW BUSINESS
A reception at the University Club sponsored by Dean Kirby will immediately follow the meeting.