Campus Information and Services
In addition to academic and research services on campus, faculty are welcome to learn about and get involved in other things going on and around campus. We have compiled a list of services and information for you and your students related to Campus Safety, Diversity, Student Services, and Dining and Retail. Please contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org, if any of these resources are out of date or you would like something added.
- Campus Alert Center — The Campus Alert Center provides timely information related to emergency situations on campus (e.g. weather, power outages, etc.)
- Emergency Management — The Office of Emergency Management aims to create a safe environment through prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Police Department — The URI Police Department works closely with other departments and offices on campus. They investigate and prosecute crimes that occur at the University.
- Bias Response Team — If you experience or witness discrimination based on your physical or mental disability, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, the Bias Response Team can help.
- Gender and Sexuality Center — Provides programs and events to the URI community to explore concepts related to LGBTQA+ persons and issues.
- Multicultural Center (MCC) — The MCC aims to develop a supportive and inclusive campus culture across the boundaries of culture, identity, and discipline through events, student groups, and resources.
- Women’s Center — Provides programs and resources to help URI community members create a safe space at the university by providing information on interpersonal violence, gender, sexuality, health, human rights and discrimination.
- Center for Nonviolence and Peace Studies — Provides nonviolence training, academic courses, and other special programs and community events geared at peace and conflict resolution.
- Academic Advising — Provides information on specific majors (e.g. curriculum sheets) and other advising services offered by University College.
- Academic Enhancement Center (AEC) — Provides peer tutoring in a variety of subjects, supplemental instruction, academic coaching, and writing help to aid students in their success.
- Counseling Center — Provides students with services that may include crisis intervention, individual counseling, group counseling, referrals for psychiatric assessment, and mental health screening.
- Disability Services — Works with students and instructors to provide students with an accessible classroom environment to be successful.
- Early Alert Services — Help students in accessing resources needed for success (e.g. Academic Enhancement Center, Counseling Center, Enrollment Services, etc.)
- Housing and Residential Life (HRL) — HRL aims to provide students with quality campus housing that supports the educational goals of the students.
- Office of Student Life — Designed to help empower students get involved in the university’s decision making processes.
- Talent Development (TD) — TD serves students from disadvantaged backgrounds who have college potential, admits them through a rigorous Summer Program, provides them with an assigned academic advisor, and retains students with financial and other assistance.
Dining and Retail
- Butterfield Dining Hall — One of the two main dining halls on the URI campus and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday through Friday.
- Catering Services — Caters simple lunch meetings to larger events.
- The Corner Store — Located in the Hope Commons facility, provides a one-stop shop for items such as fresh fruit, snacks, and even office supplies.
- Daily Grind — Located in the Kingston Library’s 24 hour room, serves snacks and Starbucks coffee and tea.
- Kingston Emporium — Provides a variety of dining/retail options and is located at the top of the Kingston campus.
- Mainfare Dining Hall — One of the two main dining halls on the URI campus and serves lunch and dinner Monday through Friday, and brunch Saturdays and Sundays.
- Ram Escape — Located in the lower level of the Memorial Union, serves snacks and Starbucks coffee and tea.
- Ram’s Den — Located on the main level of the Memorial Union. The Ram’s Den offers a variety of food options such as burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
- Rhody Market — Located in the Hope Commons facility, Rhody Market serves pizza, grinders, and coffee/tea.