Welcome to URI!
Here are the top 5 things we recommend you take care of as a new faculty member at URI:
- Sign up for e-Campus – e-Campus includes self service to everything from retrieving class information to managing paychecks. To learn more, we offer a list of guides for faculty on e-Campus services.
- Set-up Sakai account (PDF) – Sakai is the learning management system we use at URI. You can develop sites for each of your courses to communicate efficiently with students. Once you have access, you can register for a self-paced training to learn the features and some best practices.
- Activate your Email Account – Email can be set up 24 hours after you have registered in e-Campus. You will login for the first time using your e-Campus ID and the password is your birthday in the form: mmddyyyy, NOT your e-Campus password. Once activated, check out information about configuring your email through our ITS department.
- Pick up your ID card – Your ID card can be picked up at the Campus Access Office, in the Memorial Union, room 216. The Memorial Union is located in C4, on the campus map, in the center of campus.
- Order a Parking Tag – Once ordered, you will be able to print a temporary pass, until you receive your parking tag in the mail.
Want to get to know what URI students are like? Please feel free to view this admissions video** to get a feel for our students here at URI.
**This video does offer closed captioning if you open the video in YouTube.