First Star URI Academy

Tyler Hall Suite 202, Kingston RI 02881

caswellm@mail.uri.edu401.874.2168

URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

Peek into My Pain: Reveal My Strength

Peek into My Pain: Reveal My Strength features stories gathered from foster children during a story-telling workshop at the First Star URI Academy in July 2012. These are tales of courage and survival and stories that offer a glimpse into the world of foster children who face enormous obstacles in getting what other children take for granted—a stable loving family, a promising future, and a place where they can feel safe at home. These students should be commended for their contributions and celebrated for sharing their stories with other foster children and with the larger community. We hope that these stories deepen and widen the village of support that these children need to succeed.

Order the book now

First Star URI Academy News

• FSURI Academy Book Launch

Read an article about our students discussing the release of their book about their experiences in foster care Peek into My...

• URI News: First Star URI Academy

Read an article about the 2013 FSURI Academy written by Ericka Tavares from the URI Department of Communications and Marketing,...

• First Star URI Academy 2012

A segment on the First Star students' experiences during the 2012 Academy and Celebration Ceremony. [embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIK9uyB_6Uo#action=share[/embed]

StatCounter

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top