2010-11 Student Injury and Accident Insurance Plan link:
Summary of Benefit Changes for Student Accident/Sickness Insurance Policy 2010/2011
- Per Injury/Sickness Lifetime Maximum Benefit increased from $75,000 to $150,000
- The plan will no longer require routine referrals or claim forms. Accident claim forms may still be required for certain diagnosis to exclude automobile accident/workers compensation, etc.
- Domestic Partner coverage has been added
- Servicing Agent will change to:
University Health Plans, Inc.
One Batterymarch Park
Quincy, MA 02169-7454
UHP will answer questions regarding benefits, enrollment, eligibility, ID cards and service issues.
- Claims administration/processing will be handled by:
Consolidated Health Plans
2077 Roosevelt Avenue
Springfield, MA 01104
CHP will answer any questions regarding claims status, Explanation of Benefits (EOB’s), denials, coverage and other claim issues.
- Preferred Provider Network will be:
First Health Network
Prior to making appointment with community provider, student must confirm with provider and/or First Health Network .
- Insured students continue to receive 100% coverage for Medical Care, Lab and X-ray services if they use the Health Center. If they choose to go to an in-network community provider the coverage will be at 90% with the student being responsible for 10% plus a $20 office/$50 ER co-pay. The Health Center is open for appointments from 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday – Friday and 12 noon – 4 p.m. Sat./Sun. and most Holidays during the Academic Year.