Decisions are delivered via ApplyYourself, our electronic application management system. Provide a working e-mail address and check for updates. We don’t mail decision letters.
Accepted students will receive instructions for creating an e-campus account and declaring their intention to matriculate. Check deadlines for admission and financial aid by department. Also, applicants should contact the graduate director for their plan of study before applying to ensure that applications are still being accepted for the term in which admission is sought.
A complete application includes the following items:
- Completed, submitted online application
- Application fee
- Personal statement
- College transcript(s) (Only unofficial transcripts are required in the online application.)
- Letters of recommendation (2-to-3 letters, depending on program)
- Additional materials, including resumes, professional portfolios, and official reports of standardized tests — in some cases. For more information, please contact the academic director of your program of interest.
- Test score reports sent directly by the testing institution. The ETS institution code for the University of Rhode Island is 3919.
International students: review application instructions.
Uploading supplemental materials
Individual programs have different requirements regarding supplemental materials. Check with your department regarding deadlines and required admissions tests or course prerequisites. You must upload all supplemental materials to the online application for it to be considered complete and ready to review.
Accepted students matriculating into a graduate program must provide original official transcripts before their start dates. Documents will not be returned. URI graduates do not need to send official URI transcripts to our office. URI students should contact our office when course registration opens and after conferment of their degrees.
If you have questions about admission requirements, contact the the director of the department in your area of interest. Do not submit more than one application for the same degree plan.
Note: If you have a previous application and wish to apply to a new program, create a new account and start a new application using a different e-mail address.