Hope that you all are having a great start to the school year! Let’s keep the good times going this weekend!
The Graduate Student Association invites you to join your fellow graduates at GSA Tailgate: URI vs. Harvard @ URI Plains Parking Lot. Come for an afternoon of grilling, friends, and football as we cheer on the Rhody Rams against one of our rivals!
On the menu: burgers, hot dogs, turkey burgers, veggie burgers. The event is BYOB and family friendly! Bring whatever you would like to eat or drink!
Schedule for the event:
11:00 am– Let the grilling begin!
11-1 pm– Greet and eat with your fellow grads!
1 pm– Kickoff, or stay in the tailgating lot with your peers
Rules of the General Public Tailgate Lot:
If you want to tailgate your car in the Plains Road Lot (Tailgating Area – $10.00) and (Non-Tailgating area – no charge). If you want to walk into the lot it is free of charge.
1. The Plains Road Lot provides an opportunity for traditional general public tailgating.
2. The legal age for possession of alcoholic beverages and consumption of alcoholic beverages in Rhode Island is 21.
3. The Plains Road Lot will be open three (3) hours prior to kickoff and will close at kickoff. The lot will not reopen for the
remainder of the day.
4. Kegs and other large quantities of alcohol will not be permitted in the tailgate area.
5. Vehicles are subject to random searches by University personnel
6. Any person 21 years or older who would like to consume alcohol must first show a valid form of identification at the ID
stand located within the tailgate area. After doing so the individual will have a wristband placed on his/her wrist.
7. Anyone in possession of or consuming alcoholic beverages must produce a valid ID to police when requested.
8. No alcohol may be carried into or out of the tailgating area.
For more of the tailgating rules and regulations please visit:
Also, please see the Facebook event page to RSVP for yourself and find out any latest updates.
See you all there!