The NanoDrop 8000 spectrophotometer takes full-spectrum UV-Vis absorbance measurements of up to eight samples simultaneously. Using an eight-channel pipette to dispense samples on a linear array of pedestals, the NanoDrop can easily measure 96 samples in less than six minutes.
- Sample Size: 1 µl
- Sample Number: up to 8
- Path Lengths: 1 mm and 0.2 mm
- Light Source: Xenon flash lamp
- Detector: 2048-element linear silicon CCD
- Wavelength Range: 220-750 nm
- Detection Limit: 2 ng/µl (dsDNA)
- Maximum Concentration: 3700 ng/µl (dsDNA)
- Nucleic Acids – concentration and purity of DNA & RNA
- Protein A280 – concentration and purity of protein
- Micro Array – dye incorporation concentration and purity of nucleic acid
- Proteins & Labels – concentration dye-labeled proteins, conjugates, and metalloproteins.
- BCA, Bradford, Lowry, Pierce 660 – assays for protein concentration
- UV/Vis – general UV-Vis measurements
- Cell Cultures – absorbance (light scattering) measurement of suspended microbial cells