As a Health Studies major you are encouraged to complete internships for the opportunity to apply theory to practice in the field. Internships provide you with the opportunity to develop skills, gain experience, and further define career goals.
To find an internship, you’ll work with the Center for Career and Experiential Education to identify placements. You should meet with your academic advisor before registering for internship credits.
Some examples of sites where our majors have completed internships are:
- American Cancer Society, Warwick, RI
- Apple Rehab, Watch Hill RI
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Rhode Island, Providence, RI
- Bradley Hospital, Riverside, RI
- Butler Hospital, Providence, RI
- Easter Seals, Newport, RI
- The Health and Wellness Institute, Providence, RI
- Hearts in Action, Hopkington, RI
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Providence, RI
- PlayCorps, Providence, RI
- Rhode Island Blood Center, Providence, RI
- Rhode Island Department of Health, Providence RI
- Department of: Performance Improvement and Accreditation
- Division of Infectious Disease and Epidemiology
- Office of Food Protection and Licensing Agency.
- State of Rhode Island General Assembly, Providence RI
- Stay Fit Plan/Simplicity Health Plans, Narragansett, RI
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Walgreens, West Warwick, RI
- Worldways Social Marketing, Newport, RI
- Care New England, Warwick, RI
- South County Hospital, Wakefield RI
- Year Up Providence, Providence RI
- YMCA Rhode Island, South Kingston, RI
To note: Majors are to have successfully completed HLT 450 before completing an internship for credit.