Health Studies

Independence Square II, 25 Independence Way, Kingston, RI 02881

mgreaney@uri.edu

URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

Student Profiles

Justyna Falat ’17

“When choosing a school, I decided to go to URI because of the friendly community, variety of opportunities offered to students, and the possibilities available to me within the Health Studies program.”

Nick Tierney ’17

“As a Health Studies major, I’m learning how to think across multiple disciplines, through classes in philosophy, business, and the Honors program, while also building quantitative skills.”

Manuela Vadis ’17

“Being in an atmosphere where students are motivated to make a difference and promote health has motivated me to want to do more and become more knowledgeable.”

Kerwin Amo ’16

“I think the incredible flexibility the program offers is a great strength. Students can take a variety of classes from different departments and colleges to fit whatever future career goals they have.”

Melissa Bann ’16

“This past semester, I was a legislative intern for the RI State Government under the supervision of Senator Louis DiPalma. I researched and tracked legislative issues with an emphasis on health care”

Giana Pella ’16

“When I was deciding on colleges, I wanted the opportunity to be part of a university that would both challenge me and broaden my horizons, academically and socially.”

Aine Lehane ’15

“I did an internship in Gaborone, Botswana. This was an incredible opportunity set in sub-Saharan Africa focused entirely on public health. This was my first experience in global health outside the classroom”

Jennifer Nunes ’15

“Definitely try to get an internship in an area that interests you. There is nothing better than getting a chance to see how things you learn in the classroom translate to the real world.”

Keisha Opoku ’15

“Health Studies allows student to take a broad range of classes, including courses in Nutrition, Human Development and Family Studies, Kinesiology, Communication, Psychology and more.”

Shayna Sage ’15

“I wanted to attend a school that had a diverse group of peers, along with small classes to ensure my academic success. URI was a perfect fit for me because the campus felt small but not too small!”

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top