R.I. State law requires proof of immunity for:
- Rubella (German Measles): One (1) shot required; applies to all persons regardless of age. (MMR vaccine preferred)
- Mumps: One (1) shot required; applies to all persons regardless of age. (MMR vaccine preferred)
- Rubeola (Measles): Two (2) shots required; applies to any person born after 1956. (MMR vaccine preferred)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria: Booster dose of Td or Tdap within the last ten (10) years.
- Hepatitis B: Three (3) shots required; applies to all persons regardless of age.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): One (1) shot required if under age 13 at time of vaccination or two (2) shots required if 13 or older at time of vaccination or documented evidence of history of disease by a medical provider.
If records cannot be obtained, the immunization is offered for the cost of the serum to any registered student who has paid the Health Services fee. Meningitis vaccination is recommended for those living in residence halls.
Vaccines Available at URI Health Services:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatits B
- Gardasil (HPV)
- Typhoid (oral)
Flu vaccine during flu season at no cost.
Please contact us for pricing at 874-4763
Note: Some programs/majors might have additional immunization requirements. Please check with your department.
Should you have any questions regarding immunizations – please contact our Immunization Office at 401-874-4612 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.