Apply for Housing
Step 1: Pay Deposits
Upperclass students must pay the Housing Deposit online using e-Campus, or in person at Enrollment Services located in Green Hall.
Step 2: Complete Housing Application in E-Campus
- Login to MyHousing;
- Select the “Applications” tab;
- Select and complete the “Upperclassman Application”;
- Finally, follow the link provided to Dining Services and complete and submit a Resident Student Meal Plan application.
Step 3: (optional) Request Roommates
Students may request other eligible students as roommates. Note: it may take up to 24 hours for an eligible student to appear in the roommate selection tool.
- Login to MyHousing;
- Choose “Room Selection” tab;
- Choose “Roommate Selection” from the menu;
- In the search box, find an eligible student to add as a roommate;
- Choose the name of the student who you want as a roommate;
- Press the “Continue” button.
Students may ADD, DELETE or CHANGE roommate requests. Only eligible roommates appear in search results.
Roommate requests must be reciprocal. This means that the roommates you select must also select you and each other person in the room to create a “fully matched group”. To be certain that your roommate group is “fully matched” please check your MyHousing account. Students may add or drop group members through the entire room selection process.
Step 4: (optional) Select Your Room
Login to your MyHousing account to get your room selection time. It will appear on the bottom of your MyHousing home page.
After all group members have their selection times, identify the earliest room selection time within, and appoint the person in the group with the earliest time as the “Group Leader.”
Prior to your Group Leader’s room selection time:
- Login to MyHousing.
- Choose “Select a Room/Suite” from the Room Selection/Room Change Req drop down menu
- Refresh the screen at your earliest room selection time, and select from the list of available rooms, suites or apartments with a capacity that equals your confirmed group size, then press the Select Suite button
- The room assignment screen will appear and the Group Leader should assign group members to the individual rooms in the suite
- The Group Leader must complete the process by clicking the “Submit Room Selection” button
- All members should verify their their Future Room Assignment for the Fall semester on the MyHousing home page.
URI is committed to accessibility for all residents. Learn more about Undergraduate Housing Accommodations.
|Requirement||Applies to||Available||Must Complete By|
|Pay Deposit with Housing||Upperclass Students||February 27, 2017||March 24, 2017|
|Submit Application||Upperclass Students||February 27, 2017||March 24, 2017|
|Choose Roommates||Upperclass Students||March 6, 2017||April 6, 2017|
|Select Your Room||Upperclass Students||April 1, 2017||April 6, 2017|