- Non Classified – faculty, professional and executive / administrative staff
- Classified – State of RI competitive Civil Service System and non-competitive classifications — primarily include service/maintenance, dining, clerical/fiscal support, nurses, and various technical/ para-professional staff
New Employee Information:
- Postdoctoral Fellow Appointments
Instructions for hiring, as well as benefit and salary information
- FICA Alternative Retirement Plan (FARP)
for employees hired under 20 hours and/or less than six months
URI has partnered with HireRight to conduct national pre-employment background screening for all new hires. Please note that you will receive an e-mail from Human Resources instructing you to sign in and provide pertinent information in order for HireRight to conduct a national background check. (The sign-on and password information will be provided to you in the e-mail.) Once you have signed on and provided the required information, HireRight will complete the background investigation and report back to Human Resources. Employment is not final until Human Resources receives and approves a review of the background check.
Salary Pay Plans:
- Council 94 Local 528
- Council 94 Local 528 (Hourly)
- Non-Union Classified
- Registered Nurses
For questions regarding Immigration/Naturalization, please contact Laura Kenerson (4-5271).