Date: July 7, 1982
REQUEST FOR NEW POSITIONS
To establish a procedure for processing requests for new positions in the classified and non-classified services.
1. Classified Services means positions subject to the regulations of the University and the Personnel Rules of the state. Positions involved in clerical, culinary, custodial and maintenance work, and some administrative positions are in classified service.
2. Non-classified Service means positions subject only to the regulations of the University and the Board of Governors, Faculty, administrative, and research positions are in the non-classified service
III. NEW POSITIONS REQUESTS:
1. New positions, classified and non-classified, are requested on a USP-1 form. Forms are available at Central Stores located in the Sherman Building.
2. The completed USP-1 form is routed in accordance with instructions contained on the back of the USP-1 form.
3. Requests for new non-classified, non-faculty positions must be accompanied by a job description and a departmental organizational chart.
4. The Office of Human Resource Administration reviews the approved request for compliance with the classification plan.