The University of Rhode Island has two types of retirement based upon your job title classification. Those employees who are non-classified, faculty or professional staff may be eligible for the BOG 403(b) while classified employees twenty (20) hours or more will be enrolled in the state hybrid pension plan.
Board of Governors (BOG) 403(b) Retirement Annuity
- Eligibility Guidelines
- Plan Sponsors
- BOG Medical Retirement Plan
- Thinking About Retirement
- Your Benefits After Retirement – a summary
- Social Security
2014 Medicare Amounts
- Phased Retirement Option for Tenured Faculty
2015 Elective Deferral Contribution Limit
The IRS has announced adjustments in the 403(b) and 457(b) elective deferral contribution limit for 2013. The new limit has been increased to $18,000. The catch-up contribution limit for people age 50 and over remains unchanged at $5,500.
If you would like to make a change to your 403(b) or 457(b) elective deferral contribution, please contact Pat Victoria at 874-2921.
- BOG TIAA-CREF Web site
- TIAA-CREF (web site, contacts, campus schedule)
- MetLife (web site, contacts, campus schedule)
- Valic (web site, contacts, campus schedule)
Eligible Classified Employees are enrolled in the hybrid ERSRI retirement where you contribute 5% of your biweekly salary to a 401(a) and 3.75% of your biweekly salary to the state pension.
- Rhode to Retirement New Hire Kit for TIAA-CREF 401(a) plan
- Rhode to Retirement Beneficiary Form for TIAA-CREF 401(a) plan
- An Employee’s Guide to Understanding the RI Retirement Security Act
- ERSRI Employee Retirement System of RI web site
Employees in the Employee Retirement System of RI pension plan:
Please see the Changes to Retiree Medical Subsidies Frequently Asked Questions which includes the retiree medical cost comparison chart for detailed information regarding the recent legislated changes in the state retiree health. For additional information regarding retiree health and pension information, go to www.ersri.org. Contact ERSRI six months prior to your retirement date.
Are you transferring from a Classified to a Non-Classified Position?
Comparison Chart for ERSRI Pension Hybrid Plan vs. 403(b) Retirement Annuity
Other retirement plan options